About Classic Control Menu 1.1
This small application does nothing but adding a menu in the menubar to control the Classic Environment (Start, Stop and Open prefs).
Requires Mac OS X 10.2 only.
Localized in: Dutch, Japanese, Italian, French, English, Spanish and German.
For developers: The application is a bundle and contains an extension called "Statusitem.bundle" which is needed to create the menu. So if you want to change the application and compile it just open the bundle and place the new executable file into the Contents/MacOS/ folder.
- To check if Classic is running, we look whether the application called "Classic support" is running.
- Force Quitting doesn't work without root authentication, so this version doesn't have this option.
- The application may act differently if you have a Mac OS X version without the BSD tools installed. e.g. /usr/bin/open is used.
The localization and the idea is based on a menu extra called "Classic Spy 2.1.2" which does nearly the same job. This application shows how to do this in Realbasic.
This application is freeware and provided as is.
This application is considered donation-ware (uncrippled shareware). If you find it indispensable, please consider making a donation.
If you'd rather not use PayPal, you can send something to me directly at:
Christian Schmitz, Plaidter Straße 31a, 56645 Nickenich, Germany
You find the Realbasic project file in the download. You can watch the source code online:
|ClassicControlMenu.dmg||1.1M||Application for Mac OS X and source code|
|ClassicControlMenu.sit||1.1M||Application for Mac OS X and source code|
New in version 1.1
- Moved project to Realbasic 5.5 and newer plugins.
- Fixed problem with users of Script Debugger from latenightsw.com.
New in version 1.0
- First release.
Written for my brother Fabian who asked me for such a menu.
Christians Software aus Nickenich