Sound Recorder 2.1
A simple sound recording application which uses QuickTime.
This functionality is part of QuickTime Player on newer Mac OS X versions. Please use QuickTime Player instead of this application as our application uses older APIs.
Launch it, setup the microphone and record to a QuickTime Movie file.
Please note: If you just want to connect your audio in with your audio out you should search the net for the utility "LineIn".
Warning: This software is provided as is. If you loose data due to a failure of the application or using it wrong, we can't help you. If you use stop or pause button, please quit application before doing a new record.
This application is considered donation-ware (uncrippled shareware). If you find it indispensable, please consider making a donation.
If you'd rather not use PayPal, you can send something to me directly at:
Christian Schmitz, Plaidter Straße 31a, 56645 Nickenich, Germany
New stuff added in version 2.1:
- Now an universal binary application.
- Moved project to Realbasic 2007r5 and newer plugins.
- Now compatible to Mac OS X 10.5.
New stuff added in version 2.0:
- Buttons for the menu commands.
- Stops recording on quitting to keep files workable. You still have a raw file on crashes left over which QuickTime can't open.
- Settings are saved to preferences file.
- After recording the movie is opened so you can hear what you recorded and use the Open button to open it in QuickTime Player for further editing or export the movie in some other format (e.g. AIFF).
New stuff added in version 1.2:
- Fixed a crash in the Mac OS Classic version. It crashed when no microphone was found at launchtime.
New stuff added in version 1.1:
- Added a level meter so you see what's coming in.
While recording on my Mac:
MBS Xojo Plugins