Desktop Movie Player 2.2
Plays a QuickTime movie on the desktop behind the Finder icons.
Quartz Extreme recommend for better performance.
Some Mac users saw how to play a Screen Saver in the background of the desktop. This application plays a QuickTime movie in the background of the screen just behind the icons of the Finder.
To allow clicking on the icons of the Finder, the window must ignore any mouse click, so I'm sorry that I must remove the control bar from the movie player control.
Just drop a movie on the application icon or use the Open command from the menu. Press the "esc" key at any time to quit the player.
This application is freeware and provided as is.
New stuff added in version 2.2:
- Better Exposé handling. The window is now hidden on using Exposé.
- Folders are searched recursively now.
- Now checks subfolders.
- Some minor bug fixes.
New stuff added in version 2.1:
- When looping randomly the last movie is not choosen to be the next one.
- Fixed a bug: The last movie in the list is no longer ignored.
- Added menu command for Open the Movie Folder (command-control-O).
New stuff added in version 2.0:
- Added a new Icon.
- Plays play lists random forever. Just drop a folder on the icon where you store movies or aliases to movies.
- Added menu command for next movie (command-N).
- Added menu command for repeat movie (command-R).
- Added menu command for Open Folder (command-option-O).
- Note: the about dialog doesn't react of mouse clicks except the red close button.
- Added menu commands for volume control. (command-+, command-- command-* and command-M)
- If a folder (or an alias to a folder) named "Autoplay movies" in the application folder, this movies inside the folder are played randomly. The movie files can be aliases to movie files.
New stuff added in version 1.1:
- Shows the title of the current movie in the dock menu.
- Command-O to Open files.
- Added a menu entry for loop. Press command-L while the movie is playing to toggle this option.
- The menu bar is not invisible now. So you can access the menu commands in the application and it can't happen that you see no menu bar.
This application is considered donation-ware (uncrippled shareware). If you find it indispensable, please consider making a donation.
Please pick a value and purchase the quantity you like. This goes through share-it to make sure any required sales tax is collected.
If you'd rather not use PayPal, you can send something to me directly at:
Christian Schmitz, Plaidter Straße 31a, 56645 Nickenich, Germany
You find the Realbasic project file in the download. You can watch the source code online:
Just playing one of the trailers from Apple's Website:
MBS Real Studio Plugins