MBS Filemaker Plugin 4.1
We develop Filemaker plug-ins for Mac OS X and Windows.
The MBS is easily the most powerful plug-in available for FileMaker today. There are over 2400 functions that allow FileMaker developers to extend their solutions in some amazing ways. Each function does a little task and in their combination you can unleash the full power of our plugin. To learn how to use them together, please check our reference and our more than 250 example databases. A quick overview:
- Create or recognize barcodes and draw them on PDF pages. (new in 3.5)
- Compress files, data or text to zip archives and uncompress them later. (new in 3.4)
- Use Twain to scan images from scanner
- Enjoy syntax coloring on Mac OS X in Filemaker 11 and 12.
- List and connect to serial ports.
- Read rich text documents on Mac OS X like Word documents, OpenOffice documents or RTF files.
- Enumerate printers and get/set default printer.
- Recognize text in images using OCR functions.
- Network Sockets
- XL Functions.
- Work with Excel files without Microsoft Excel by using libXL library in Filemaker.
- Read and Write older xls files and newer xlsx files.
- Use PHP library to run PHP functions.
- Use Audit to log activities in a database.
- SQL Connectivity
- Connect to multiple SQL databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, InterBase, SQLBase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC and SQLite.
- Read values, changes values, add new records, call stored procedures.
- Use prepared statements for increased security.
- Use bulk row fetching for maximum speed.
- Read and write blob values with images.
- CURL Library
- Download and upload files or data from/to http/https/ftp/ftps/sftp.
- Send emails over smtp and receive emails over pop3 or imap.
- Perform several transfers simultaneously in background.
- Send form data directly without Webviewer.
- Control the Webviewer
- Print website, Fill and submit forms.
- Generate image or PDF of current webpage.
- Register WebDownloadDelegate and WebPolicyDelegate scripts to control downloads in Webviewer on Mac.
- Image editing with GraphicsMagick
- Load pictures from file, container value or create a blank one.
- Compose pictures together, e.g. add an overlay or watermark.
- Edit images with crop, rotate, scale and other operations.
- Draw (round) rectangles, lines, ellipses, circles and arcs into image.
- Use lots of image effects like blur, sharpen, swirl and others.
- Save result to container or file.
- Use PDFKit (Mac only) or DynaPDF functions (Mac and Win)
- Render an image from a page of a PDF with PDFKit or DynaPDF.
- Extract text from PDF with PDFKit or DynaPDF.
- Create new PDF with pages from existing PDF with PDFKit or DynaPDF.
- Add images and text to a page.
- Use DynaPDF table layouts for creating reports, invoices or catalogs.
- Print and Fax PDF documents without dialogs. (new in 4.0)
- Encryption and Hash
- List directory content, copy, move, rename or move to trash files and folders.
- Show file/folder selection or save dialogs.
- Get icon from file or folder and previews with QuickLook (Mac only)
- Set Icons on Mac with our plugin.
- Launch files, query file size or file existents, create directories.
- Query the last used file path in Mac file dialogs.
- Lock your app for Kiosks
- Query which USB devices are connected and allow only the start of your runtime if special USB stick is connected.
- Hide system GUI like Dock and menubar with System UI Functions
- Show a backdrop behind your Filemaker window so user does not see the desktop.
- Color window content to focus user on a dialog.
- Control windows in Filemaker
- Mac Integration
- Show popup menus with icons, custom fonts and submenus. (new in 4.1)
- Read, change and write events and reminders from the Calendar Database (new in 3.4)
- Read image metadata like EXIF, IPTC, JPEG and TIFF fields with CGImageSource functions.
- Read, change and write contacts from the Addressbook
- Notify user with User Notifications on Mac OS X 10.8.
- Query location of a Mac with CoreLocation functions. Map addresses from/to geo coordinates with CLGeoCoder functions. (new in 4.1)
- Set your application's dock tile icon and badge text.
- Put your solution into Apple's Mac App Store and use plugin functions to verify the package receipt.
- Query printers and their print jobs. Cancel print jobs or send raw printer commands to raw printers, like label printers.
- Register your own URL Scheme
- Have your solution start with a click on an email or website and process the URL as you need. Plugin calls a script with the name you define when registering.
- Query system information
- Powerful text functions
- Use remote control functions to move mouse, perform clicks and press keys.
- Send and receive notifications from other applications or part of your solution.
- Start a script now or after some time and pass file name, script name and parameter as texts.
- Set and Get variables which you can see in all files of your solution.
- List screens and take screenshot from whole screen or from rectangle.
- Run AppleScript and WindowsScript scripts in Filemaker.
- Store global preferences for your solution.
And a log of more stuff like Container utility functions. If you miss something, please email us and we may add another function for you.
Newest entries on our blog:
Download the MBS Filemaker Plugin
Mac OS X
|Filemaker, AppleScript and iChat|
Example project source code
AppleScriptChat project files
(Mac OS X)
Example project source code
FilemakerCurrency project and database files
(Mac OS X)
|Filemaker Window Transitions|
(Mac OS X)
For more examples see the other videos
You can of course send us questions by email.
Or subscribe to our mailing list: MBS Filemaker Plugin Mailinglist
The Plugin requires Mac OS X 10.6 or Windows XP. (Mac OS X 10.4/10.5 or Windows 2000 may work.)
Filemaker version 8.5 to 13 is supported with current plugins.
Last version with PowerPC support was version 2.4. This version also supported Filemaker 7 to 8.5 in PPC.
The plugin runs locally on a Filemaker installation or on a server installation. If you use Instant Web Publishing or Filemaker to Go, the plugin still needs to be run on the server, but results can be viewer on browser or iOS devices.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins