FileMaker Plug-ins are normally installed on each computer that needs to use the Plug-in. Once the plug-in is installed correctly, the plugin functions are available to FileMaker.
- Make sure that FileMaker is not running.
- Place the plug-in file in the FileMaker Extensions folder, which is located inside the main FileMaker application folder.
- The Mac OSX plug-in file is named "MBS.plugin"
- The Windows plug-in file is named "MBS.fmx"
- Launch FileMaker.
Alternate Install Location FileMaker 9
FileMaker 9 has two install locations. The first is the normal one detailed above. The second one is in the FileMaker user preferences folder. This location varies by platform.
- Mac OS X
- ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions
- Windows XP
- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\FileMaker\Extensions
- Windows Vista
- C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\FileMaker\Extensions
This second install location is used by FileMaker Servers auto-update feature. If your FileMaker system and server have been configured to use auto-update This is where the plug-in will be installed.
Check to see if the MBS function appears in the External Functions Section of the Define Calculation dialog. You can also use the MBS Install Test File to confirm installation.
If the plug-in doesn't appear in Define Calculations, and the MBS Install Test File reports that the plug-in is not installed, check in the plug-in prefences to see if the MBS plug-in is enabled.
Go to the FileMaker Prefences and choose the plug-in tab you. If MBS appears in the list make sure it is checked. If it is not appears the plug-in was not installed in the correct place. Please try to install the plug-in again. You might want to download it again in case the file has become corupted.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins