MBS Xojo (Real Studio) Updater Kit 2.0
The MBS Xojo (Real Studio) Updater Kit helps you in adding an automatic update feature to your application.
- Crossplatform update engine for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Full Source code access.
- Using Sparkle on Mac OS X for updating and our own code for Windows.
- Includes all code and help to setup Sparkle.
- Includes script file for Inno Setup engine. (you can use others if you like)
- Using digital signatures on Mac and MD5 Checksum on Windows to ensure download integrity.
- Includes generator for XML file for your server and code to parse this file and find newer versions.
- Handles proxy settings automatically for you.
Mac OS X
|Updater Kit Overview|
(Mac OS X and Windows)
This Kit needs Cocoa, CocoaBase, CocoaExtras, MacOSX, Main, Network, Util and Win Plugin. So we recommend having the MBS Xojo (Real Studio) Complete License.
Real Studio 2011/2012 and Xojo 2013 or newer
No Open Source projects, please. This would violate the license.
$99 USD or 79 € (+VAT inside EU if needed).
- Sparkle now resizes in Frameworks folder for better code signing compatibility.
- Added CURL support for downloading on Windows. This allows client SSL certificates, proxies and HTTP/1.1.
- Fixed minor bugs with load/save preferences in case you run on Linux and we want to avoid RegistryAccessErrorException.
- Updated to Sparkle 1.13.1
- Can work for 64-bit targets, too.
- Can download Linux installer, too.
- Updated for Xojo.
- Fixed Patch App to use Intel instead of Universal for the build folder name.
- Fixed UpdaterEngine to better detect if version is newer or older.
- Updated Sparkle to version 1.6.1
- We now detect older version and tell user that he has the current version. This avoids showing an error for users who have a newer version (e.g. a beta version).
- Updated to Real Studio 2012
- Fixed kYouhavethecurrentversion to show name of app.
- Updated Windows dialogs to look more like Sparkle.
- Added more localization.
- Added TestWindowsOnMac property so you can test Windows Update on Mac.
- Added ApplicationName parameter for the Init method so you can pass a localized application name. If you pass no name, we take it from the application file name.
- Added support for redirects on the appcast.xml and the installer download. Up to 5 redirects are followed before an error is displayed.
- Added new Build Step tool and example.
- Changed placement of updater window to be centered on main screen.
- Improved application size by using more conditional compiling.
- Added UpdaterEngine.GetUpdater to access the updater directly.
- Added UpdaterEngine.automaticallyCheckForUpdates property
- Better language handling with xml lang attributes.
- Added italian translation in addition to German and English.
- Added console version of PatchMacApp.
- Better handling of registry on Windows.
- Added msgbox for "you have the current version".
- Better versiomn comparison.
- And a few smaller bug fixes.
- First public release.
Limited product support is offered for free. Custom contract development to help you integrating our kit or making improvements for you can be ordered.
Updates to the kit will be available regularly to all registered users.
You receive the full Xojo (Real Studio) source codes of all projects for use in your applications. You are not allowed to share your copy of the kit with other developers.
Full license text is includes in the kit manual.
Free updates included for one year. After that, please order an update/new license or keep your last license.
MBS FileMaker Plugins