MBS Xojo Audio Player Kit 1.1
The MBS Xojo AudioPlayer Kit provides you with a few useful classes for audio playback for your Xojo iOS application.
- Wrapper for iOS AudioPlayer class in AVFoundation
- Play sounds loaded from memory and file
- Events like DidFinishPlaying
- Audio Channel assignment
- average and peak power per channel
- volume, pan and rate controls
- play, pause and stop methods
- query/set current position
- Midi Player class to use Apple's midi synthesizer
- Open digital synthesizer for midi note playback
- query instruments and set instrument per channel
- send midi notes
- Start and Stop method
- Volume, Tuning, Reverbvolume properties
- query CPU load
- For new Xojo framework
- Using exception handling to track error
- Using enums for saver constant passing
- Test code included
- All classes with MB postfix to avoid name conflicts.
- All module definitions are protected to avoid conflicts
- Inline documentation
- Full Source code, no encrypted code.
- Works for 32bit and 64bit targets.
- While we can compile for iOS and include a sample project, Apple does not include the synthesizer component with current iOS versions.
- Accuracy of timing is limited to Xojo’s timer precision.
Xojo 2015r1 or newer
No Open Source projects, please. This would violate the license.
If you need similar classes for OS X, you can check the MBS Xojo Cocoa Plugins from us.
Xojo 2020r2 or newer
Since Xojo 2020r2 introduced plugin support for iOS, we can now produce our plugins for iOS. Please consider using AVAudioPlayerMBS class for future projects as it can do more.
Our Kit is written for the traditional Xojo API and may show warnings when used in newer Xojo version.
Feel free to make adjustments as needed.
Version 1.1, 31st July 2019
- Updated for Xojo 2019r1.
- Fixed bug in nameOfInstrument function.
- Uses different codes now to initialize sampler on iOS, so Midi Player works there.
- Added LoadPreset and LoadFromDLSOrSoundFont
- First public release.
Limited product support is offered for free. Custom contract development to help you integrating our kit or making improvements for you can be ordered.
Updates to the kit will be available regularly to all registered users. Free for the first year.
You receive the full Xojo source codes of all projects for use in your applications. You are not allowed to share your copy of the kit with other developers.
Full license text is includes in the kit manual.
MBS Xojo Plugins