The MBS Real Studio SQL Plugin
Access SQL Databases
|MBS Real Studio SQL Plugin.pdf||1.4M|
|MBS Real Studio SQL Plugin.zip||3.4M|
|MBS Real Studio SQL Plugin.dmg||3.6M|
Price: 99 € plus VAT if required.
This plugin part is not included if you buy a Complete license. You can use it independend of all the other plugins.
Our MBS Real Studio SQL Plugin is an alternative database interface to Real Studio. It can be used either with the database class or with our own SQLConnectionMBS class which gives more options.
- Depending on what you do with your database our plugins can be magnitudes faster!
- Handle blob values with more than one GB of size.
- Read and write to blob field values in small blocks.
- Access databases where no plugin comes with Real Studio: DB2, Sybase, Informix and Interbase.
- Use MySQL with Enterprise, Community or embedded libraries.
- Use parameters in SQL commands.
- Transfer rows in bulk mode to reduce network traffic and increase speed.
- Perform queries and commands with SQL in multithreaded mode for better GUI responsibility.
- Use data consumer to read blob data or data producer to write blob data continuously.
- Use SpatiaLite library with Real Studio.
- Use API for online Backups in SQLite.
- Use your own copy of the native connector library.
The MBS REALbasic SQL Plugin is a REALbasic plugin for accessing multiple SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, InterBase, SQLBase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and ODBC, SQLite). It uses native APIs of target DBMS so applications developed with this plugin run swiftly and efficiently. The product also provides a low-level interface that allows developers to access database-specific features. By encapsulating a vendor's API, the plugin acts as middleware and delivers database portability. See details on supporting SQL database servers on different platforms:
|Server||Windows||Mac OS X and Linux|
|Oracle Database Server||Supported (OCI)||Supported (OCI)|
|Microsoft SQL Server||Supported (DB-Library, OLE DB)||FreeTDS ODBC driver should be used
|Sybase||Supported (Open Client, ASE & ASA)||Supported (Open Client, ASE & ASA)|
|DB2||Supported (DB2 CLI)||Supported (DB2 CLI)|
|Informix||Supported (Informix CLI)||Supported (Informix CLI)|
|Centura (formerly Gupta) SQLBase||Supported (CAPI)||Supported (CAPI)|
|MySQL||Supported (MySQL C API)||Supported (MySQL C API)|
|PostgreSQL||Supported (libpq)||Supported (libpq)|
|ODBC||Supported||Supported (iODBC, see www.iodbc.org)|
REALbasic Pro is required for this plugin. You do not need to compile or provide your own SQLAPI library as the plugin contains SQLAPI. You may need database access libraries from the database vendors.
For your information:
The MBS REALbasic SQL plugin license includes a cross-platform unlimited license of SQLAPI++ which costs 299 USD for a C/C++ developer. Of course this bundled license works only inside the plugin. If you want to develop with SQLAPI in C/C++, please order a separate license from SQLAPI.com website.
MBS Real Studio PDF Plugins